Sunday, January 11, 2009

Doug Thiessen, Now with the Lord

This blog began almost two years ago as an exploration of the Westminster Confession of Faith. I had a lot of help with the material I posted, none more valuable than the contributions of a man who co-taught the adult Sunday school class at my church that formed the basis for the series.

In my 27 August 2007 I paid tribute to Doug by name. It is my sad duty to do so again, this time on the occasion of his death two days ago in a skiing accident. This dedicated servant of the Lord Jesus Christ, this lover of the Word enscripurated and made flesh, went to his eternal reward while still in the very prime of his vigorous young life. He leaves a loving wife and five children, the youngest of which was born just two months ago. She will know her father chiefly by the fruits of his life.

When Doug went out on that mountain Friday I doubt very much that he knew he would not come down again. But I know he was ready when the Lord called him home.

We'll pick up again with the series on Darwinism tomorrow. Today we should just take a moment to reflect.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ken,
Doug was/is a good friend of mine. He certainly understood the battle and was a good soldier on the field.
Please let me know anything I can do.
In Christ,
Delegate Ron George

Ken Abbott said...

Thank you, Ron. I haven't yet heard any details on memorials or services. I'm certain there will be some sort of fund established for the family.