Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Ligonier 2009 Wrap-Up

Over the years, I've learned there are three things I can always count on happening when I attend the national conference:

1) I will learn far more than I expected and the days just whiz by.

2) My posterior is not suited for three days of sitting.

3) Dr. Sproul will repeat one (or more) of his stories, allowing me to sit back and enjoy the break from taking notes for several minutes.

I've gotten more disciplined about the conference bookstore. Used to be out of control--every time I visited the place I'd come out with another purchase. But the past couple of years I mentally set myself a modest budget and I've been able to stick to it. I still think there's books left over from last year in my "to read" pile. Oh, well.

Tomorrow I hope to embark upon that "Jesus and Politics" series I promised before I left for Orlando. There will also be a review of a recent book called Evangelical Does Not Equal Republican...or Democrat that I found in the local library last week.

No comments: